The Romantic and opulent Witley Court, now a ruin after a devastating fire in 1937, was once of the great country houses of England, reaching its peak in the Victorian period when it was the setting for extravagant parties and royal entertainments. The absolutely enchanting grounds, along with the remaining vast shell allow a sense of the opulence and scale of the 19th-century interiors, as well as to see the earlier layers of the building’s history laid bare by the fire.
1. This is the fountain that depicts Perseus and Andromeda, it’s stunning and the fountains fire every few hours during the warmer months
2. This shot really shows the vast scale of the building in the distance behind the fountain
3. This stunning aerial shot gives more of a picture of how opulent this incredible place would have been in it’s day, before the devastating fires took hold – the detail and expense is clear. Imagine the ladies in their long dresses strolling in the grounds.
4. The beautifully restored formal gardens bring times gone by to life
5. The meandering walks at Witley Court take you through a real variety of gardens with water being a huge feature which makes this place so special
Stay in Worcester with us and visit Witley Court along with some of the other wonderful attractions Worcester has on offer. Take a look at the places you can stay right here!